Mar 7, 2020
“They came out of the mist on an icy wind, and froze the blood of weaker men.”
Our South African medieval fighters – you’ve seen them at Medieval Fayre – are heading abroad again in 2020!
This time, they take on the shores of Spain at the International Medieval Combat Federation Championship 2020 at Castillo de Belmonte, April 30 – May 3 2020
To cover their travel and board, 100% of funds raised at this event will go towards getting them overseas to take on the best fighters the world has to offer.
⚔️ SUPPORT OUR LOCAL MEDIEVAL FIGHTERS ⚔️
LIMITED NO. OF TICKETS available from Quicket – http://qkt.io/VikingThing2020
Early Bird (online only) R40.00
Adults Online: R60.00
Kids (under 12 and over 3) online: R20.00
Adults on the day: R80.00
Kids on the day (under 12 and over 3): R40.00
PARKING: R20 per car
Toddlers and babies free.
Dogs and berserkers to be kept on leashes at all times.
MAP TO VENUE: https://goo.gl/maps/LVtWQ5pr1pxGW9Vw8
• Viking Games: Archery, Axe throwing, Kubb (viking chess), toga hönk (seated tug-of-war) and tug-of war (standing) and the farmer’s walk!
• Eat, drink and be merry – feasting, mead and ale in the Mead Hall.
• Test your wits at the Mead Hall Quiz!
• Are you Viking Enough to beat the (in)famous Snorting Boar Smoker Eoin’s Tankard Chilli-Chugging-Challenge?
• Create your Viking age persona’s clothing and enter the Viking Vestment Contest
• Enter the Viking Quest – go a-viking and bring home the Hoard!
• … and more!
“A thing /ˈθɪŋ/ was the governing assembly of a northern Germanic society, made up of the free people of the community presided over by lawspeakers. The word appears in Old Norse, Old English, and modern Icelandic.”